PURPOSE – to help children know God as a Person and experience His Love for each of them;
– to help children come to a personal faith and Love of Jesus;
– to help children feel a part of God’s family.
Along with lessons and activities to enhance knowledge of biblical stories, we want to:
– encourage children to love and help others in tangible ways;
– include a child’s whole family in this learning and growing process
– provide an atmosphere where families can come together and know each other better
Sunday School comprises children from ages 4 – 10.
There are presently about 30 children enrolled in Sunday school, although each Sunday the size of the classes may vary…. and there is never a constant group each week. There is always a turnover each year -with families coming and leaving during the year as well… Such is life at St. James.
Classes are held in the church undercroft during the 11 AM service each week during the school year.
The first Sunday of every month the children actively participate in our regular 11 am service as acolytes, readers and ushers. Sunday School curriculum also includes outings, family luncheons and special outreach projects at Christmas and during the Lenten season. We welcome and encourage volunteers, who are not certified Godly Play teachers, to join us and help with our Sunday school program.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
– to build up our Sunday school music program and actively participate in the worship service
– to connect with other Sunday schools in the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
For more information about Sunday School and other children’s programs at St. James, please call the church office at 055 294417 or contact Marie Buti email@example.com.